Monday, July 4, 2011

Last few days...

Hello All!

I just have today and tomorrow left in London. It is bittersweet...this was one of the funnest experiences of my entire life and I am so happy I got the chance to do this. However; I am ready to go back to America. Not because I am homesick, or I am sick of London, but all I really want to do is unpack and get back into my routine again. If I had the chance to go to Greece or another place in Europe after this, I would most definitely just because I really like traveling. This trip has inspired me to want to travel all over the place! My next two stops that I want to make are Greece and South Africa. No particular reason other than I know Greece is really pretty and not many people can say they have been to South Africa. However, realizing how expensive it is to travel (thanks mom and dad), who knows when or if I will be able to go to Europe or a different country before I am retired. I have also realized that traveling with friends is the way to go. Even though I did not know anyone before going on this trip, I have made some really good friends and that is what made the trip such a great experience. I feel like I have been here so long, I kind of live here. I am used to hearing a British accent and an American accent stands out. I think that is going to be the first thing I notice when I come back is people not asking me where I am from because I have an American accent. I can't decide if I am ready for the Cincinnati heat yet, although I am ready to get some color to me.

Today my only plan is to get into downtown London and get all the souvenirs for my peeps. I really hope that I will be able to pack up all my stuff without throwing anything away...I was able to do it when I went from Harlaxton to London, but I had a vacuum for my space bag thingy's. They suck all of the air out of your clothes so it is basically vacuum sealed. It shrinks everything. If I can not find a vacuum at my hostel I will seriously go on a hunt throughout all of London to find one. I. need. a. vacuum. Speaking of the Hostel, let me break it down for you. I am in a ten person room with 5 bunk beds lined up against the wall. This room is about the size of my room in Pennsylvania. So, you all can imagine. There is a tiny itsy bitsy walk way in between the beds and that is it. No room really for luggage. We are all at our wits end to say the least. Not to mention that the hot water was out the first two days we were here. I have never taken such a cold shower. Only the important parts got washed that day. London isn't the cleanest place either, like my snot is grey from all the dirt. Haha lovely :) I also start dance when I get back! So woohoo for getting back into shape again. I am taking modern dance I think three times a week.

Yesterday we all went to the Natural History Museum. It was way cool. I saw a sequoia that was like thousands of years old and lots of dino fossils. I can't really wrap my mind around the fact that they are actually dino fossils...it is weird that something like that once walked the earth. I will post pictures on facebook soon.

So, that is about it! It has been real everyone. Wish me luck on my flight back. The shuttle leaves at 4:40 in the morning. yes FOUR FORTY in the AM. So, I don't think I am sleeping that night. Hears to my best friends let lag! I also start my new the job the day after I get back. This is a research job that I applied for that had a 10% acceptance rate, so they are expecting me to be smart. Great. But all is well no worries :)

Chesh

1 comment:

  1. Time has really flown by! I hope you find that vacuum, but if not, mail stuff back. I hope your trip home is uneventful. If it is any consolation, the jet lag is always worse going over then coming home. I'm so glad you had this experience. PS I had grey snot in Athens and my white wash cloth was always blackish when I washed my face. Greece is still worth going to, though.

    ReplyDelete