Thursday, June 23, 2011

Updating!

Hello all!

I haven't posted in a while, but since then I have gone to the Lake District and Cambridge and have done my fair share of shopping in Grantham. I have had multiple classes and have gotten well into them. I like both of them! To remind you all, I am taking The Beatles and Darwin. It was really cool to see Darwin's room in Cambridge and to hear about how their teaching style is different. Apparently, you have your normal lectures and things, and then you have a one on one study session with your assigned professor. The person that was giving us a tour, who was also a professor, said that this made it very hard to hide academically. It sounded fun! But you would turn into a geek if you went there. You would be very educated though and you would know your stuff. Worth it? I think so. The Lake District is literally the most beautiful place on the earth. It was so rural! There were huge mountains, and sheep everywhere. It was fun to row on the lake and hike a little. The houses were so quante too! I put pictures up on facebook, so everyone can see. On the way there in a busy train station in Manchester, Anna got her wallet pick pocketed. It was freaky! Her license, credit and debit card were in there. Along with her social security card. So, that was a fiasco to deal with! Luckily she has gotten some money, and the thief did not spend any of her money on her credit card. What else have I been doing...shopping! They trick you here because things are cheap, but the American dollar conversion rate is about 1.8 So you are spending almost twice as much as you think you are. But whatever. The food here is pretty bad, sad to say. I have definitely gained at least a few pounds! I am starting to miss Ohio's warm weather though. Seriously the weather changes every half hour here from rainy and crappy to warm and sunny. This weekend is a three day weekend and me and my friends are still trying to figure out what to do with our spare time. At the moment, we do not have any spare plans....but no worries! Things are always fun around here :) We are still getting used to this huge mansion that we live in. There are still rooms that I still have yet to see! This trip is going really really fast. I am already about half way through. Still yet to do in the trip is go to Liverpool to see some Beatles stuff and back to London. Dad and Steva, what souvenirs would you guys like me to bring back for you guys? I have already gotten a few, but any requests? I have made some really good friends so far and am having the time of my life. This is so much fun, and I am really lucky to have this experience. Until next time!

-Chesh

9 comments:

  1. Oh and Dad, I have learned so much about the Beatles! Quiz me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chesh, as far as souvenirs, how about a guitar pick from Liverpool, should you see a music store our souvenir shop? And as far as quiz questions... hmnnn...

    The Beatles' Rubber Soul album was heavily influenced by Motown. What is Motown? NO googling, or wikipedia-ing, or any of that online stuff...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Dad! You think I don't know what motown is? It is like, for lack of better word "black" or soul music. Give me a better question. and Guitar pick it is! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, chesh! Sorry, I've been NYC'ing and not able to respond (no wifi in Ethan's apartment). So, I ask:

    Where is the only drum solo on a Beatles record?

    What brand of bass did Paul popularize in 1964-65?

    What did George Martin famously accomplish with respect to the song "Strawberry Fields Forever"?

    Name one song on which all four Beatles share a writing credit, and on which they all sing. Is there more than one such song?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chesh
    If you see a trendy scarf or earrings, that is what I would like, but don't spend much money.
    Caio Bella

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chesh, buy something nice for Steva and I'll reimburse you. But don't tell her. And let's hope she doesn't read your blog comments...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been meaning to talk to you about money. Basically, I have 84 dollars to my name (that is in American dollars). So like 50ish pounds. I will email you about it!

    And, you are obsessed with them because you know the answers to these questions. I know none of them, but I will find out from my professor tomorrow! Oh and I went to Liverpool the past two days. I went to the Cavern and saw Paul, John, George, and Ringo's house I am pretty sure. Also Strawberry Fields, their schools, and Penny Lane. Which I learned on that song they embellished all what was on Penny Lane. It was very very cool. I love the Liverpool accent, was it you that told me about scouse? Well anyways I got you some guitar picks that have their Revolver album, cover faces on it and a scouse lingo booklet. And which is your favoriter album: Hard Days Night, or Let it Be? My friend, Kimberlyn played Blackbird on the stage with a Beatles tribute band at The Cavern! I drank a beer for you, even though it was a cider beer...I know you would have probably gotten an ale, lager, or Guiness. But I just can not drink that nasty beer sludge. I got a pint nonetheless. I also went to the Beatles Museum and saw a bunch a cool stuff! Like guitars and John's glasses. I think that John was the best looking until he grew his hair out and lost his marbles. That leaves it to Paul, except when he had his gross long beard. It doesn't work for Paul because his cuteness is because he looks like a little boy most of the time. So, when he has a beard it is like he is pretending to be a man and he really looks like a creepy man-child. Speaking of, I have to go write my second blog on them tonight! Or at least start on it.

    Will do Steva! And I know the answer to the last question is The End on Abbey Road album. I will post the pictures on Facebook of the Museum tonight! See ya!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good job on the last question... it's fifteen seconds long (the drum solo). You owe me answers to the others (all of these are in Can't Buy Me Love, by the way).

    I was always struck by how different the Beatles looked between 1963 and 1969. Six years is not a long time, but they look so different. My favorite single album is probably Revolver or perhaps the Capital Meet The Beatles, since that's the album that introduced me to the Beatles. But Beatles albums are like my children - I love them all equally, different as they are.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That should be 'Capitol'.

    ReplyDelete